Image via Wikipedia
March 2011 Archives
The "Do Something Reel" Film Festival is opening in 70 cities across the US in April. Sponsored by Whole Foods Market the festival will begin in conjunction with the celebration or Earth Month.
Whole Foods Market is creating a grant program for filmmakers in the green film genre. A portion of all tickets sales from the "Whole Foods Market Do Something Reel" Film Festival will go towards a film production and development grant that will encourage filmmakers to continue making stories about the environment and the choices we make as consumers. Grants will be awarded for filmmakers at varying stages of development -- from conception through completion
- Bag It - Suzan Beraza - www.bagitmovie.com
- Lunch Line - Mike Graziano and Ernie Park - www.lunchlinefilm.com
- On Coal River - Francine Cavanaugh and Adams Woods - www.oncoalriver.com
- PLANEAT - Shelley Lee Davis and Or Shlomi - www.planeat.tv
- Urban Roots - Mark MacInnis - www.urbanrootsamerica.com
- Vanishing of the Bees - George Langworthy and Maryam Heinen - www.vanishingbees.com
Fax: (507) 437-7815
No Telephone Calls Please
Image via CrunchBase
"Singer-songwriters like Waller, who funds his career partly through grants and by working in theater, can find audiences now without having to fit into a style that suits a corporate (or even indie) marketing team. It's not easy to handle your own tour booking and album distribution, but artists who take on those duties rule their own creative lives. For them, South by Southwest is not a dog and pony show but a chance to cultivate new partnerships."-Ann Powers- NPR.org, The Record, "Four Days Into SXSW 2011, Endurance Pays Off"
- :. Radio Airplay!
- . Grand Prize of US$50,000 in Cash & Merchandise!
- . 15 different categories
- . Winners Will Be determined by Top Music Industry Pros
Image by emdot via Flickr
That's right. YouTube is paying producers for videos through their partner program. By allowing advertisements to be displayed with the video or by offering content available for rental through video streaming, content providers can share in the revenue.
- Views Report displays trends for a particular video.
- Discovery Report shows how people discovered your video.
- Demographics Report displays information about your viewers.
- Subscribers Report gives you net change in subscriptions by country.
- Community Report shows how engaged your users are by rating your videos, commenting on them, or favoriting them.
- Hot Spots shows which scenes in your video that are hot (people are rewinding to watch again) or cold (people are leaving the video).
Image by State Library of New South Wales collection via Flickr
Auditions for a Time/Warner production called "Born To Shine will be held today in Charlotte, NC.They are looking for four personalities to host the afro-american themed show. The guests will be comprise people from television, sports, film, and music.
Guests will be explaining how the set their goals and obtained them along with the pitfalls and what they learned along the way.
2:00-6:00 pm March 5th, 2011
Charlotte Convention Center
Time Warner Cable Hi Def Lounge
501 South College St., Charlotte, NC
Three minute audition videos can be uploaded to the "Born To Shine" FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/twcableborntoshine from March 7th through April 30th.