Lady Gaga (photo by Wikipedia)via
April 2011 Archives
ILangston Hughes (Public Domain photo via Wikipedia)
The Wild Hare Sports Cafe
902 Gervais St.
Call Susan Pappas at 703-737-7874 to sign up as an extra.
Image by The Library of Congress via Flickr
- Kenny Chesney
- Rascal Flatts
- Carrie Underwood
- Darius Rucker
- Gatlin Brothers
- Jerry Douglas Trio
- Junior Brown
- K.D. Lang
- Leon Russell
- Mel Tillis
- Rhonda Vincent
- Ricky Skaggs
- Rodney Crowell
Public domain Image via Wikipedia
- The True You - This exercise helps the actor to form an honest understanding of self and how they're viewed by their peers.
- Ice Breakers, warm ups, vocal exercises followed by pantomimes and improvisation.
- Acting technique
- Listening and reacting exercises with short scripts.
- Actors will be paired up with scripts and perform a cold read.
- Pairs will begin rehearsing with each other.
- Warm ups, stretches, vocal exercises
- Scene partners pair up and work on their scripts using our list of tools to aide in preparation of your role. i.e. character bio, scene objective, actions, motivations etc.. With guidance from Lana and Jon, the students learn to successfully apply the list of steps for character building and script analysis.
- On Stage Rehearsals - Each pair presents their scene for direction, further guidance and continued rehearsal.
- Scenes - We see the scenes presented in their final stage.
Newport Beach (Photo by WPPilor via Wikipedia
- Independent Artist Development and Distribution
- Career Development In the New Music Business
- Success In the Music Business - With or Without Selling Records
- The Music Festival Industry
- The State of Today's Live Music Industry
- Curating a Music Festival
- Sync Up Film Screenings and Panel Discussion: "The Wilderness Downtown"
- Licensing Music to Visual Media
- Licensing Music to Film and TV
- Video Games, Music and Alternative Distribution Channels
- Touring in Australia, and New Tools For Artist Marketing
- G'Day! Touring Down Under
- Making Money, Making Music - Harder Than It Looks, Simpler Than It Seems
- What Is Artist Marketing Today, Anyway?
- The Next Phase in Artist Marketing
First day of rehearsal: Oct 10, 2011
Preview Oct 27; Open Oct 28; Close Nov 20, 2011
First day of rehearsal: Jan 9, 2012
Preview Jan 26; Open Jan 27; Close Feb 12, 2012
First day of rehearsal: Feb 14, 2012
Preview March 1; Open March 2; Close March 23, 2012
First day of rehearsal: March 20, 2012
Preview April 5; Open April 6, Close April 22, 2012
Myrtle Beach (Photo by Phil Guest via Wikipedia)
Beale Street (Photo by Jeremy Atherton via Wikipedia)
all other roles
Auditions will be held Friday, April 29th - Monday, May 2nd. Print out an audition form and get a list of audition pieces to have ready here: http://honorschoirs.org/index.php?page=cast-information
Black Eyed Peas (Image by Wikipedia)via
- Carol Peterson: (F / 35-45 Caucasian)
- Billy Peterson: (M / 9-11 Caucasian)
- Maddy Peterson: (F / 3-5 Caucasian)
- Ted Carpenter (M/35-45 any ethnicity)
- Beth Carpenter: (F / 35-45 any ethnicity)
- Supporting Cast Members: (M or F / all ages and ethnicity)
- Extras: (M or F / all ages and ethnicity)
- A professional headshot & resume
- City & State of current residence
- Non-downloadable link (streaming site) to your demo reel - YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- (Optional) A short note of your interest in this project, experience with episodic TV or faith based productions.
- TELEPHONE NUMBER
- MAILING ADDRESS
- HAIR COLOR/EYE COLOR
- AVAILABILITY MID-MAY/EARLY JUNE
- DESCRIPTION OF PREVIOUS EXTRA EXPERIENCE (no experience is necessary, but we'd like to know if you've done background work before.)
- For children's submissions, please also include-
- PARENT'S NAME/CHILD'S NAME
- CHILD'S AGE
- CHILD'S SCHOOL
- For all applications, please include an attachment of a photograph. It doesn't need to be professionally done, but needs to show a good likeness and include face and body. Please do not ask us to visit another site. If you have a resume, you may attach it as well.
- Submissions for adults must have STILL I RISE as the subject of the e-mail; submissions for children must have STILL I RISE-CHILDREN.
- You will be contacted by telephone or e-mail when scheduling begins. Again, only applications that follow the instructions will be accepted. NO PHONE CALLS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
Image by falldownmoon via Flickr
- Groups must consist of five (5) to fifteen (15) members, made up of any combination of males and females.
- Must be 12 yrs or older. If under 18 yrs of age a Parent or Gaurdian is required at auditions.
- Please prepare up to three (3) vocal performances - each no longer than three (3) minutes. Groups might not perform all songs but should be prepared.
- Two (2) songs must be a recognizable pop or rock cover songs.
- Medleys are allowed but should be no longer than three (3) minutes.
- ALL musical styles are accepted.
- Choreography, creativity, and dress are encouraged to enhance your performance.
- No Instruments of any kind allowed.
- Microphones will be provided at open call auditions.
- Each member must bring a copy of a valid ID with a completed Show
- Application (download - Coming Soon). If you are under the age of 18,
- you must have BOTH parent signatures on the application release in order to audition.
- Attend an Open Call Audition or mail us a
Image by SPDP via Flickr
For more information, go to http://www.cambridge-super8.org/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Merle Watson (Photo by Einar Einarsson Kvaran via Wikipedia)
The festival will be April 28-May 1 at:
Wilkesboro Community College
1328 S Collegiate Dr,
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Check out http://merlefest.org/ for more information.
Image by MPR529 via Flickr
Radio City Music Hall - Image by Smart Destinations via Wikipedia
Photo by AndyindiaWikipediavia
- Go Go Dancers
- Drag Queens
- High Fashion Models
- Be able to work 12-14 hours a day if booked.
- Etiquette on set.
- Professional attitude.
- Flexible schedule.
- Clarissa: 18-25. Needs comedic timing. Is not a classic all American girl next door type.
- Lyle: 5, 10, and 15. Need child and teen years of this character. Should be thin with longer hair and fair skin.
- Bus Boys: English speaking with no accent.
For a look at what else Grounded Pictures is up to, visit groundedpictures.com
Artifacts will be shown at the MBIFF on Friday, April 22nd, in the 7:30-9:30 PM block of films.
- Intro to Art PA for Features, TV, and Commercials
- Intro to Camera PA for Features, Television, and Commercials
- Creating A Proper Film Resume' - H ow To Get A Job
Edwin McCain (Image by Wikipedia)via
This year's films will be shown at:
Carmike Broadway 16
1175 Celebrity Cir
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about tickets or volunteer opportunities.
For more information including a full schedule of films, check out http://www.myrtlebeachfilmfestival.com/
Sonny Landreth (Photo by Truejustice via Wikipedia)
Auditions will be held at:
Old Courthouse Theatre
49 Spring Street NW
For more information, call 704-788-2405 or visit http://www.oldcourthousetheatre.org/
- Bring wristband, seat ticket, identification, proof of citizenship, release form,
- Be prepared to sing a verse and a chorus of three songs unaccompanied.
- ATLANTA, GA, Saturday, April 9th 11am-3pm, Hard Rock Cafe, 215 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
- BOSTON, MA, Saturday, April 9th 12pm-3pm, Bell In Hand Tavern, 45 Union Street, Boston, MA ,02108
- CHICAGO, IL, Saturday, April 9th 6pm-9pm, Manor, 642 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654
- CHARLESTON, SC, Saturday, May 7th 1pm-4pm, Mad River Bar & Grille, 32 North Market St., Charleston, SC 29401
- CINCINNATI, OH, Saturday, April 16th 4pm-7pm, Lunar, 435 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- DALLAS, TX, Saturday, April 16th 2pm-6pm, Frankie's Sports Bar, 227 McKinney Ave. Dallas, TX 75204
- DENVER, CO, Saturday, April 9th 11am-2pm, Rocky's Autos, 6350 Federal Boulevard, Denver, CO 80221
- JACKSONVILLE, FL, Thursday, April 14th 5pm-7pm, Beall's Department Store, 13500 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32246
- LOS ANGELES, CA, Saturday, April 2nd 1pm-4pm, Spot 5750, 5750 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- LANSING, MI, Thursday, April 14th 4pm-7pm, Champion Chrysler Jeep Dodge, 6525 W. Saginaw Hwy., Lansing, MI 48917
- NEW ORLEANS, LA, Friday, April 8th 5pm-9pm, Gordon Biersch Restaurant and Brewery, 200 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- NASHVILLE, TN, Friday, May 6th 5pm-9pm, McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon, 134 2nd Ave. North, Nashville, TV 37201
- NEW YORK, NY, Saturday, April 16th 12pm-6pm, Roy Arias Studios, 300 W. 43rd Street, 5th Floor, Room 508, New York, NY 10036
- NORTH TAMPA, FL, Saturday, April 16th 12pm-3pm, The Dubliner Irish Pub, 12836 Henderson Rd, North Tampa, FL 33625
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA, Saturday, April 16th 3pm-6pm, Sugar Cafe, 679 Sutter St., San Francisco, CA 94102
- SCOTTSDALE, AZ, Saturday, April 16th 12pm-3pm, Firehouse Bar & Grill, 4312 North Brown Avenue, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- SPARTANBURG, SC, Monday, April 18th 9am-12pm, Dave Edwards Toyota, 2450 Reidville Rd., Spartanburg, SC 29301
- WASHINGTON, DC, Saturday, April 16th 12pm-3pm, Madam's Organ Restaurant & Blues Bar, 2461 18th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
Pearl as 7 - 8 year old child
Alice, her mother, 40 - 45
Joseph, her father, 40 - 45
Hubert, Alice's brother, about 45
Mattie, much older sister, 25 - 30
Louise, older sister, 25ish
Jimmy, Mattie's son, 7 - 10
Frank, Mattie's husband, 30 - 35
Jack, Pearl's love, 20 - 25
Mrs. Sanders, Jack's aunt, 50ish
Tom, a rich suitor, 20 - 25
Mrs. Prescott, Tom's mother, 40 - 45
A narrator to read stage directions, probably older female
Image by starbright31 via Flickr
Again this year will be contests designed to promote "green" living and sustainability. Design the most original recycling bin, or carpool 4 or more people for your chance to win VIP Coachella tickets, merchandise, and other great prizes.
Image by spektacles via Flickr
Every night during the festival, you can also catch live music at Main Street's best venues, including Hunter Gatherer, Immaculate Consumption, and The Whig. On Saturday night at the Former Gamecock Theater, visitors will be treated to the music of Columbia natives Toro y Moi who are ending a nationwide tour promoting their album "Underneath the Pine." The tour included a spectacular performance at South By Southwest.
A full schedule of events can be found here http://www.indiegrits.com/Indie-Grits-Current-Festival.php
If you are interested in working on this production as an unpaid extra then:
Email a small/low resolution headshot or current photo. Put your last name, race, gender, and age in the subject line.
Email to: email@example.com
Complete this questionnaire:
Nocturnal Agency Extras Casting
The Ogunquit Playhouse is casting for it's summer productions.
- Shh! Rehearsals begin May 17th for May 25th - June 18th production.
- Summer of Love Rehearsals begin June 7th for June 22nd - July 16th production.
- The Music Man Rehearsals begin July 5th for July 20 - August 20th production.
- Legally Blond The Musical Rehearsals begin August 9th for August 24th - September 17th production.
- Miss Saigon Rehearsals begin September 6th for September 21st - October 23rd production.
- Pinkalicious Rehearsals begin June 27th for July 9th & 10th, August 13th & 14th, and September 3rd & 4th productions..
JT & the Dragpipes
Saturday April 9th:
John Howie & the Sweethearts
Kelley & the Cowboys
Hearts & Daggers
- Live Action Short
- Animated Short
- Music Video
- Publicity That Works
- In Treatment
- How To Use IndieGoGo To Fund Your Creative Project
- Songs In Cinema: When Is Enough Too Much?
- Actor's Workshop
- The Indie Film - Practical Special FX Panel
Download an entry form here www.indieshortfilms.net/entryform.html and mail it, along with your entry and the entry fee to:
Indie Short Film Competition
PO BOX 1185
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302 U.S.A.
Films should be no more than 40 minutes with credits. For more information, check out http://www.indieshortfilms.net/
Image by bitzcelt via Flickr
"... Devyani Saltzman, author and daughter of Oscar-nominated filmmaker, Deepa Mehta. In the interview, Devyani described how she once read the now well-known book by The New Yorker writer Philip Gourevitch titled We Wish to Inform You and was so determined to meet with him, that she cold-called him at his New York offices."
In these days of information overload and congested E-mail accounts it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Jasmeet describes some things you can do to avoid this. All the more necessary for anyone in arts and entertainment where transitions from one job to the next are an ever occurring thing.- From "Want to Get a Job? Mail a Letter" by Jasmeet Sidhu -
Image by SeattleRay via Flickr
A CD or DVD performance may be sent (along with a picture and resume) to:
265 West 30th St
New York, NY 10001
More information at: