Recently in Conference Category
- Importance of music in film and video.
- Value of a composer vs. the value of a library.
- What producers and directors need to know when working with a composer.
- Live musicians vs. Sample-based performances.
- Music technology.
- How music fits into modern production workflow.
- The Artist Thomas Langmann, Producer
- The Descendants Jim Burke, Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, Producers
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Scott Rudin, Producer
- The Help Brunson Green, Chris Columbus and Michael Barnathan, Producers
- Hugo Graham King and Martin Scorsese, Producers
- Midnight in Paris Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum, Producers
- Moneyball Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Brad Pitt, Producers
- The Tree of Life Nominees to be determined
- War Horse Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers
- Demián Bichir A Better Life
- George Clooney The Descendants
- Jean Dujardin The Artist
- Gary Oldman Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Brad Pitt Moneyball
- Glenn Close Albert Nobbs
- Viola Davis The Help
- Rooney Mara The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Meryl Streep The Iron Lady
- Michelle Williams My Week With Marilyn
"During this two day hands on workshop we will go over all the essentials of filming. Pre-Production, Post-Production, casting, lighting, paperwork, contracts, screenwriting, cinematography, equipment, cameras, casting, working with actors.There will be equipment on hand to play with and gets your hands dirty,cause as stated this will be hands on and not just you sitting and listening to someone yammer for hours. The only way to learn is by doing.I have been successful in this business for over a decade, working as a screenwriter, editor, director, producer and cinematographer, casting director, etc. Come and learn from someone that know the ins and out of the business, and there are many. I will not sugar coat it, tell lies and make everything seem like a dream.This is a tough and ruthless business, that requires a backbone, dedication and a relentless drive.You will walk away with know how experience, hands on experience and a better understanding of filmmaking in general."
- Developement, production, and distribution planning process.
- Principles of film production.
- How to write effective PSA script.
- Secrets for getting donated labor, services, equipment, and airtime.
- Film production manual provided.
- Sample production forms, agreements, contracts, and letters.
- Production checklists for writing, producing, and distribution.
- Budget template.
Image via Wikipedia
Image by Atlanta Film Festival 365 via Wikipedia
- Do's and don'ts when auditioning for a casting director.
- How to dress and groom for an audition.
- Being totally prepared for an audition.
- Headshots, how they should look.
- How to approach the casting director when you walk in.
- Things to do after the audition.
- Do you need an agent?
- Can I book work on my own if I have an agent?
- How much you should pay an agent.
First SCETV broadcast from Dreher High School in 1958 (Public Domain Image via Wikipedia)
Image by Jeff Kubina via Flickr
- Script Development Conducive to Low/Micro Budgets
- Creating Your Own Film Opportunities as an Actor
- Creating a Comprehensive Business Plan & Pitching Investors
- Dealing with Agents, Unions, Banks & Vendors
- Posting & Delivering Your Film on a Budget
- Distributing Your Film in Today's Rapidly-Evolving Market
- Marketing & Promoting Your Film