Recently in Crew Category
"I held an audition in Jacksonville back in 2010. I wanted to make a movie for fun. Nothing fancy...
But I had met Samantha. She convinced me I could do so much more with The Hollow Oak. And we have been at it ever since." - Chris Maney
This production has come a long way since the first audition in 2010. Some roles have been re-cast and a lot of effort has been put forth in scouting locations, blocking scenes, setting up and tearing down equipment, not to mention the editing and sound design.
The Strange and Unusual has just begun filming. What will we see when it's complete? The cast and crew of a cancelled reality TV series with one last episode left to shoot. What goes on behind the scenes and the personalities that one might encounter in a similar television production. Anil, has worked in these situations and is bringing some of the strange and unusual things he's seen to this film.
One of the principals of Strawhouse Pictures, Anil always knows that his partners have his back and can help him put together the pieces of the puzzle for a great production just as he does for their films.
There's a lot of talent here in the southeast. There's also some mighty big hearts in the Carolinas. A few of them are the producers, cast, and crew of The Perfect Place.
Written by Taylor-Grace Davis and Patrick Elliott the movie is inspired by Taylor-Grace's work with the Frederick Douglass Family Foundation. This organization, formed by Nettie Washington Douglass and her adult children, exists to carry on the tradition of her ancestors, Fredrick Douglass and Booker T. Washington. By creating awareness that slavery and human trafficking is still going on today, she and her family are following in their footsteps. Her son, Kenneth B. Morris, president of the foundation, travels the U.S. and abroad spreading the message about human trafficking and what can be done about it.
"Trapped by a horrifying past, Marty struggles with day to day life. As a pastor in his community he realizes his impact on those around him but does little more than go through the motions of his position. Life has little meaning to him. He simply clings to things that seem to give him some memories of what might have been."
Coco After Sag-Aftra Merger (Photo credit: Coco Mault)
- The Artist Thomas Langmann, Producer
- The Descendants Jim Burke, Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, Producers
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Scott Rudin, Producer
- The Help Brunson Green, Chris Columbus and Michael Barnathan, Producers
- Hugo Graham King and Martin Scorsese, Producers
- Midnight in Paris Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum, Producers
- Moneyball Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Brad Pitt, Producers
- The Tree of Life Nominees to be determined
- War Horse Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers
- Demián Bichir A Better Life
- George Clooney The Descendants
- Jean Dujardin The Artist
- Gary Oldman Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Brad Pitt Moneyball
- Glenn Close Albert Nobbs
- Viola Davis The Help
- Rooney Mara The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Meryl Streep The Iron Lady
- Michelle Williams My Week With Marilyn
January 27 (evening)
January 28 (all day)
January 29 (tentative)
February 4 (evening)
February 5 (tentative)
Image by DouG!! via Flickr
- Production assistant for 2-5 days.
- Needed for Thursday, 9/29 through Saturday, 10/1/2011
- Half day on Saturday
- 21 Years old.
- Valid Driver's License
- Production Designer
- Costume Designer
- Hair/Makeup: Familiar with blood FX.
- Gaffer: Must be non-union.
- Stunts: 2-3 days work.
- Script Supervisor
- Grip: Must be non-union.
- 1st AC: Depends on DP.
- Boom Operator: Depends on sound.