Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
Recently in Audition Category
Actors, singers, dancers. The Southeastern Theatre Conference has their professional acting auditions coming up this September. The auditions will be held at the Atlanta Airport Hilton. Representatives from dinner theatres, professional stock, repertory, touring, theme parks, and cruise lines will be there to see your audition and choose talent for their productions.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- 32 bars (a verse and a chorus) of a Broadway song. If you don't know any Broadway songs, prepare a pop, rock, gospel or country song. Bring sheet music if you have it but also be prepared to sing acapella.
- If you are NOT a singer, please prepare a 1-2 minute comedic or dramatic monologue.
- Bring a headshot and resume if you have it. If you don't, no worries. Just come anyway!
- Where you are located.
- Phone number.
- Email address
- 2 recent photos
- Brief description of your singing ability and why you want to sing with your specific superstar.
- Students, hobbyists, volunteers, and professionals welcome.
- Guild members, musicians, street characters.
- Be prepared to recite 90 seconds of a memorized or well read dialogue. Could be a poem, from a play, or a joke.
- The Faire provides classes in improvisational theater, dialect, and other skills.
Saturday, February 11th10:00 am - 10:00 pmSunday, February 12th8:00 am - 7:00 pmBill Graham Civic Auditorium99 Grove StreetSan Francisco, California
Friday, February 3rd10:00 am - 10:00 pmSaturday, February 4th8:00 am - 7:00 pmCharlotte Convention Center501 South College StreetCharlotte North Carolina
- Guitars of all types.
- Basses both electric and upright.
- Percussion and drum set
- French Horn
- Other instruments not listed are of interest also.
Image via Wikipedia
- Ages 18-35 years old.
- Stand ins: 5'6 males brown hair/ 5'4 females brown hair
- Backgrounders of all types! See below:
- College aged students
- Freshman Moms and Dads
- Science Nerds
- Frat Guys, Sorority Girls
- Korean Students
- Dudes with Ponytails
- Non Descript Audience
Conductor Grant Llewellyn (Image via Wikipedia)
- Sunday, January 8, Rehearsal 6:00-9:00pm
- Monday, January 9, Rehearsal 6:00-9:00pm
- Wednesday, January 11, Sectionals 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, January 14, Rehearsal, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Saturday, January 14, Rehearsal, 1:00-3:00pm
- Sunday, January 15, Dress Rehearsal, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Sunday, January 15, Concert, 2:00pm
- Monday, April 16, Rehearsal, 6:00-9:00pm
- Wednesday, April 18, Sectionals, 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday, April 21, Rehearsal, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Saturday, April 21, Rehearsal, 1:00-3:00pm
- Sunday, April 22, Dress Rehearsal, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Sunday, April 22, Concert, 2:00pm
Image by JoshBerglund19 via Flickr
Image by zoetnet via Flickr
Public Domain Image by Library of Congress via Wikipedia
- Please prepare two (2) songs for your open call audition. You may not perform both, but have them ready.
- A cappella ONLY. No background tracks, accompaniment or instruments will be allowed at the open call audition.
- Songs can be by artist and from any genre (pop, rock, R&B, hip-hop, alternative, latin, country, blues, indie)
- Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the audition.
- If you are a minor, one (1) parent or guardian will be allowed with you at the audition.
- If you are disabled or a special needs artist, you will be allowed to bring one (1) person to the auditions to assist you.
- We are judging you on your VOICE. Come dressed in a style that represents you as an artist. Do NOT come in "chicken costumes." We are looking for serious artists ONLY.
Behind the Scnes at American Idol (Image by Bob Bekian via Flickr)
Public DomainWikipediaImage by via
- PASTOR: Pastor of the Church, preaches and is very compassionate.
- FIRST LADY: Married to the pastor, (must be a strong vocalist and have an ability to preach)
- KAREN (lead character): A Young Married Woman, very argumentative (must be a strong vocalist)
- ERIC (lead character): A young married man, silly but fed up (must be a strong vocalist)
- TAYLOR (lead character): Hairdresser. Leading a double life (ability to sing a plus, not required)
- OMAR: A womanizer whose temper is hard to handle
- ALISHA: Friend with solid wisdom (must be a strong vocalist)
- YOLANDA: Friend who tells it like it is (ability to sing a plus, not required)
- CHERYL: Friend with solid wisdom, but don't mind telling you what she think (must be a strong vocalist)
- WENDY: Co-worker, who know God but won't go back to church.
- SHAWN: Friend whose past life has caused him to give up on life completely.
- STEPHANIE: Church gossiper, who believes everyone is going to hell but her
- SIS. WILSON: Church secretary and finance committee leader. Very silly (must be a strong vocalist)
- Stage Managers
- Production Manager
- Musicians (keyboardist, drummers, base guitar players)
- Wardrobe Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Adminsitrative Assistant - NEED IMMEDIATELY