Recently in Auditions Category
Romeo at Juliet's Deathbed (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Galileo Galilei. Portrait by Ottavio Leoni. Detail. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
Actors, singers, dancers. The Southeastern Theatre Conference has their professional acting auditions coming up this September. The auditions will be held at the Atlanta Airport Hilton. Representatives from dinner theatres, professional stock, repertory, touring, theme parks, and cruise lines will be there to see your audition and choose talent for their productions.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- 32 bars (a verse and a chorus) of a Broadway song. If you don't know any Broadway songs, prepare a pop, rock, gospel or country song. Bring sheet music if you have it but also be prepared to sing acapella.
- If you are NOT a singer, please prepare a 1-2 minute comedic or dramatic monologue.
- Bring a headshot and resume if you have it. If you don't, no worries. Just come anyway!
Beluga (Delphinapterus leucas) Seaworld in San Antonio, Texas (Photo credit: Lars Plougmann via Wikipedia)
Performer I (Actor) - interested applicants will apply for Performer III and will be considered for a Performer I at the audition -Position is open May 7-11, 2012 (applicants must attend the audition on May 11, 2012 - see Audition Website for preparation information.
- Need Female singers or groups.
- Must be 20-45 years old or can pass for that age.
- Be prepared to sing a song from the 60's.
- Accompanist provided.
- Bring sheet music or you can sing to a CD track.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable for choreography
Image by vastateparksstaff via flickr
- Actors - Male and Female
- Must have experience with improv, dinner theater, and/or interactive theater.
- Very outgoing personality.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Flexible Schedule
- You will be paid for each show you perform in.
- If you drive you will be reimbursed for gas.
- Students, hobbyists, volunteers, and professionals welcome.
- Guild members, musicians, street characters.
- Be prepared to recite 90 seconds of a memorized or well read dialogue. Could be a poem, from a play, or a joke.
- The Faire provides classes in improvisational theater, dialect, and other skills.
Image via Wikipedia
- Youth grades K - 12
- Be prepared to sing a song (16 bars).
- You will also read from script.
- Need adults and teens.
- 13 and up.
- All ethnic backgrounds
- You will be taught a portion of a song from the show.
- Bring headshot/picture and resume' if you have it.
Image by Monica's Dad via Wikipedia
- 10-12 men.
- 6 teen boys.
- 2-4 young boys.
- 10-12 women.
- 6 teen girls.
- 2-4 young girls.
- Roles available for men and women.
- All ethnic backgrounds and ages.
- Be prepared for cold reading and light improvisation
- Performances May 12th-15th, 19th - 22nd, and 26th - 28th.
Saturday, February 11th10:00 am - 10:00 pmSunday, February 12th8:00 am - 7:00 pmBill Graham Civic Auditorium99 Grove StreetSan Francisco, California
Friday, February 3rd10:00 am - 10:00 pmSaturday, February 4th8:00 am - 7:00 pmCharlotte Convention Center501 South College StreetCharlotte North Carolina
- Paid Position
- Housing Possible
- 3 Week Run starting Friday, February 10th in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Rehearsals will be in Portland, Maine.
- Jason: African-American male. Early to Mid 20's. Professional and clean-cut. All around nice guy with a good sense of humor. Wants love and happiness but is going about it all the wrong ways.
- Tori: African-American female. Early to Mid 20's. Jason's new love interest. An "artsy" type who's very silly and uses her humor as a defense mechanism whenever she's in an uncomfortable situation. Tori is a waitress by day and a singer/musician by night. Must be able to sing. The ability to play the guitar is a preference but not a requirement.
- Michelle: African-American female. Early to Mid 20's. Jason's Ex. Personality comes across as self-centered, manipulative, and materialistic. Has a softer side deep down but can't ever show it due to superficial exterior.
- Charles: Jason's best friend. Early to Mid 20's. Supportive friend who manages to always find humor in everything.
- Connie: Tori's friend and co-worker. Mid to Early 30's. Supportive friend who comes across as a little sassy but is always willing to lend valuable advise to her friend.
- Devin: Michelle's current boyfriend and the one she cheated on Jason with. Early to mid 20's. Very cocky and ill-mannered person who feels no guilt for being in the middle of breaking up Jason and Michelle's relationship.