Recently in Crew Category
The theatre is something special. Meme Simmons knows that. She was drawn to it as a child. First singing in the choir at age four then performing in high school plays for five years since she did her first musical with the high school when she was still in the eighth grade.
From high school she went straight to college in New York City. Eventually landing roles in off-broadway productions and touring companies.
Now she's back in her hometown bringing her theatrical talent to the people of Jacksonville, North Carolina. Here she has established Debbie's Angels Productions to produce shows and teach acting with the help of her relatives and friends.
In Jacksonville she has helped produce a musical at Southwest High School and directed theatre classes for the city's Parks and Recreation Department. Debbie's Angels produced a musical called Broadway After Dark last year and has plans for two more adult performances this year and one for kids.
Beluga (Delphinapterus leucas) Seaworld in San Antonio, Texas (Photo credit: Lars Plougmann via Wikipedia)
Performer I (Actor) - interested applicants will apply for Performer III and will be considered for a Performer I at the audition -Position is open May 7-11, 2012 (applicants must attend the audition on May 11, 2012 - see Audition Website for preparation information.
- Students, hobbyists, volunteers, and professionals welcome.
- Guild members, musicians, street characters.
- Be prepared to recite 90 seconds of a memorized or well read dialogue. Could be a poem, from a play, or a joke.
- The Faire provides classes in improvisational theater, dialect, and other skills.
Public Domain image via Wikipedia
They are currently looking for directors for their productions of Romeo And Juliet, as well as A Christmas Carol that will be shown in October and December, respectively. If interested, you can contact John Russell at 828-254-5146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all future shows, a director's application can be found here: http://www.montfordparkplayers.org/join-the-theatre/director-applications/
The most current show, All's Well That Ends Well - Not A Love Story, will be playing from July 8-31 at the Hazel Robinson Amphitheater.
Since all shows are free, the company runs on volunteers and donations. You can make your donations on the website http://www.montfordparkplayers.org/support-the-theatre/
Public DomainWikipediaImage by via
- PASTOR: Pastor of the Church, preaches and is very compassionate.
- FIRST LADY: Married to the pastor, (must be a strong vocalist and have an ability to preach)
- KAREN (lead character): A Young Married Woman, very argumentative (must be a strong vocalist)
- ERIC (lead character): A young married man, silly but fed up (must be a strong vocalist)
- TAYLOR (lead character): Hairdresser. Leading a double life (ability to sing a plus, not required)
- OMAR: A womanizer whose temper is hard to handle
- ALISHA: Friend with solid wisdom (must be a strong vocalist)
- YOLANDA: Friend who tells it like it is (ability to sing a plus, not required)
- CHERYL: Friend with solid wisdom, but don't mind telling you what she think (must be a strong vocalist)
- WENDY: Co-worker, who know God but won't go back to church.
- SHAWN: Friend whose past life has caused him to give up on life completely.
- STEPHANIE: Church gossiper, who believes everyone is going to hell but her
- SIS. WILSON: Church secretary and finance committee leader. Very silly (must be a strong vocalist)
- Stage Managers
- Production Manager
- Musicians (keyboardist, drummers, base guitar players)
- Wardrobe Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Adminsitrative Assistant - NEED IMMEDIATELY
Neil Patrick Harris (Image by Kristin Dos Santos via Wikipedia)
- Best Play - War Horse
- Best Musical - The Book of Mormon
- Best Original Score - The Book of Mormon
- Best Revival of a Play - The Normal Heart
- Best Revival of a Musical - Anything Goes
- Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play - Mark Rylance in Jerusalem
- Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play - Frances McDormand in Good People
- Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical - Norbert Leo Butz in Catch Me If You Can
- Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical - Sutton Foster in Anything Goes
- Best Direction of a Play - Marianne Elliott and Tom Morris for War Horse
- Best Direction of a Musical - Casey Nicholaw and Trey Parker for The Book of Mormon
- Best Choreography - Kathleen Marshall for Anything Goes
- and the list goes on...
- Call 919.225.2574 for appointment.
- Bring picture and resume'.
- Prepare 2-3 minute monologue.