Recently in Writers Category
Conceived by John who enlisted the help of Stephen King as the writer, it's a southern gothic musical about a sibling rivalry that turns to tragedy. John wrote all the songs for the musical. After more that 10 years of collaboration they brought on T-Bone Burnett (music producer of O Brother, Where Art Thou? and many others) to help pull it all together.
The musical will have shows coming this October and November in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio, Michigan, and Iowa. In addition it will be released as a digital and hardcover book. The soundtrack which is available on iTunes includes Elvis Costello, Neko Case, Kris Kristofferson, Sheryl Crow, Dave Alvin, Phil Alvin, Taj Mahal, Ryan Bingham, Roseanne Cash, and John Mellencamp with Lily and Madeleine Jurkiewicz.
See the promotional video for the musical below.
Last Sunday, The Tony Awards, hosted by Neil Patrick Harris put on a show. And who better to put on a show than the top Broadway actors of the day.
Neil Patrick Harris (Image by Kristin Dos Santos via Wikipedia)
And the winner please...
- Best Play - War Horse
- Best Musical - The Book of Mormon
- Best Original Score - The Book of Mormon
- Best Revival of a Play - The Normal Heart
- Best Revival of a Musical - Anything Goes
- Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play - Mark Rylance in Jerusalem
- Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play - Frances McDormand in Good People
- Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical - Norbert Leo Butz in Catch Me If You Can
- Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical - Sutton Foster in Anything Goes
- Best Direction of a Play - Marianne Elliott and Tom Morris for War Horse
- Best Direction of a Musical - Casey Nicholaw and Trey Parker for The Book of Mormon
- Best Choreography - Kathleen Marshall for Anything Goes
- and the list goes on...
To see the complete list of winners go to:
Johnny Rambler Productions is holding a workshop for writers and actors in Charlotte, NC this weekend.
Image by vancouverfilmschool via Flickr
Who is this for and what will I get?
- For writers and actors at any stage of craft
- Writing exercises on preparing a personal monologue
- Critique, discussion, and edit suggestions
- Writers can sharpen character and story development skills
- Actors gain understanding of emotional and story elements of a character and have a personl monologue for auditioning.
Saturday, May 21st - 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Sunday, May 22nd - 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
Saturday, May 21st - 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Sunday, May 22nd - 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
The Actors Lab
136 36th Street
Charlotte, NC 28205
The Magnolia Arts Center in Greenville, NC is accepting scripts for it's Sixth Annual Ten Minute Play Contest. Entries will be accepted until August 31st.
Public Domain Image via Wikipedia
Open to playwrights of all ages.
Submit original unpublished plays to:the Magnolia Arts Center.
Rules and Submission Guidelines: