Thinking Speed is a big project for the amount of money spent on it. The film has been completed for less than two grand and many hours of preparation, filming and editing. It was shot over 173 days resulting in 52 hours of footage to edit. This has to be a labor of love for Lisa Menzel who wrote the novel, the screenplay, and directed the movie. Also, for the cast and crew that contributed countless hours of their time to the production.
Recently in Midwest Category
Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
"We both have distinct styles, but when we collaborate we create an almost seemingly new style: the IA Production style I guess one could say. We both recognize that there are some things that we cannot co-direct, but even when that sort of situation occurs (for instance, for our film "Johnny Boy" I directed, he DP'ed), the other person will DP or help out in some sort of large capacity."
Originally from Kinston, North Carolina he wound up in Miami via Minnesota. In Minneapolis he had his first brush with movies while working as an extra in Drop Dead Gorgeous. That's when he first became interested in film. While still in Minnesota Jackson produced films of both stage plays and screenplays. He also met his wife Karuna Sun when she auditioned for a film he was working on.
From Minneapolis they headed to Miami where Karuna was urged to come for modeling work. Jackson's first job in Florida was playing a Russian thug in Burn Notice. Ready to go anywhere he's looking to come back to North Carolina for some of the productions springing up in the area. Here is a conversation with Jackson about where acting has taken him.
Image by cloudchaser32000 via Flickr
- Register your crew.
- Attend one of the open calls or send a video submission.
- Each crew member needs to complete application and release forms.
- Bring a copy of your music to leave with the producers.
- Come dressed in attire that will showcase your routine.
- Be prepared to be at auditions all day. Bring snacks and water.
- Bring resume's, headshots, and DVD of performances if you have them.
Dance Theatre of Harlem performs Dialogues (Public Domain Image by Martha Swope via Wikipedia)
- Repertoire includes classical, neoclassical and world-premiere ballets.
- 30+ week contract.
- Health benefits.
- National and International touring.
- Pre-registration recommended.
- Bring resume, headshot and full-body dance photo.
- Women must audition on pointe.
- Audition fee: $20.00 in advance online, or $25.00 (cash only) in person.
- Pre-registration is recommended for those who audition in-person only.
Image via Wikipedia
- Be prepared to do sketch comedy.
- Bring headshot and contact information.
Image by Nick Smith via Wikipedia
Friday, December 9, 2011 ( 9pm-10pm )Stingaree454 Sixth AvenueSan Diego, CA 92101Producer: Renee firstname.lastname@example.org
Ozzy Lusth - Current Season Contestant (Public Domain Image via Wikipedia)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- If you have applied for previous season you must apply again.
- Bring ID.
- Be prepared to be filmed.
Image © Glenn Francis, www.PacificProDigital.com via Wikipedia
- Must be able to work all day November 7th, 8th, and 9th.
- Send recent picture.
- Include contact information.
- Submit clothing sizes.