Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
Recently in Midwest Category
"We both have distinct styles, but when we collaborate we create an almost seemingly new style: the IA Production style I guess one could say. We both recognize that there are some things that we cannot co-direct, but even when that sort of situation occurs (for instance, for our film "Johnny Boy" I directed, he DP'ed), the other person will DP or help out in some sort of large capacity."
Originally from Kinston, North Carolina he wound up in Miami via Minnesota. In Minneapolis he had his first brush with movies while working as an extra in Drop Dead Gorgeous. That's when he first became interested in film. While still in Minnesota Jackson produced films of both stage plays and screenplays. He also met his wife Karuna Sun when she auditioned for a film he was working on.
From Minneapolis they headed to Miami where Karuna was urged to come for modeling work. Jackson's first job in Florida was playing a Russian thug in Burn Notice. Ready to go anywhere he's looking to come back to North Carolina for some of the productions springing up in the area. Here is a conversation with Jackson about where acting has taken him.
Image by cloudchaser32000 via Flickr
- Register your crew.
- Attend one of the open calls or send a video submission.
- Each crew member needs to complete application and release forms.
- Bring a copy of your music to leave with the producers.
- Come dressed in attire that will showcase your routine.
- Be prepared to be at auditions all day. Bring snacks and water.
- Bring resume's, headshots, and DVD of performances if you have them.
Dance Theatre of Harlem performs Dialogues (Public Domain Image by Martha Swope via Wikipedia)
- Repertoire includes classical, neoclassical and world-premiere ballets.
- 30+ week contract.
- Health benefits.
- National and International touring.
- Pre-registration recommended.
- Bring resume, headshot and full-body dance photo.
- Women must audition on pointe.
- Audition fee: $20.00 in advance online, or $25.00 (cash only) in person.
- Pre-registration is recommended for those who audition in-person only.
Image via Wikipedia
- Be prepared to do sketch comedy.
- Bring headshot and contact information.
Image by Nick Smith via Wikipedia
Friday, December 9, 2011 ( 9pm-10pm )Stingaree454 Sixth AvenueSan Diego, CA 92101Producer: Renee firstname.lastname@example.org
Ozzy Lusth - Current Season Contestant (Public Domain Image via Wikipedia)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- If you have applied for previous season you must apply again.
- Bring ID.
- Be prepared to be filmed.
Image © Glenn Francis, www.PacificProDigital.com via Wikipedia
- Must be able to work all day November 7th, 8th, and 9th.
- Send recent picture.
- Include contact information.
- Submit clothing sizes.
Photo by Alan Light via Wikipedia
- A custom photo shoot in New York City.
- Your Material Girl ad in cool magazines.
- You'll be the face of Material Girl in stores and online.
- A billboard in Times Square
- $5,000 cash and more.
Image by Uri Baruchin via Wikipedia
- You must be 20 years old or older.
- You must look like you're between the ages of 20 and 24
- Bring photo, contact information, and identification to casting call.
- Columbus: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Charlie Bear, 1562 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio
- Baton Rouge: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Mugshots Grill and Bar, 7425 Corporate Boulevard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- New York City: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Chelsea Studios, 151 West 26th Street, 5th Floor, New York City