Recently in New York Category
"What do you want to do with your life?" Ginny asks in this film directed by Karen Stanton for ShadowCatcher Entertainment in association with the Brain Injury Association of Washington.
A Not So Still Life is a documentary I ran across this week as I was looking up other things. A feature length film about artist Ginny Ruffner. She was known as Ginny Martin back in the days when she was growing up in Atlanta, GA and Fort Mill, SC before leaving home and getting married.
After attending the University of Georgia she ended up in Seattle, Washington and became a ground breaking ceramic artist known worldwide for her ceramic sculptures.
|Ginny Ruffner ( Photo credit: VOA - J. Taboh via wikipedia)|
Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
- Girls and boys 10-17 years old.
- Adults 18+
- Any ethnic background.
Image by Fotograf: Lothar Knopp via Wikipedia
Dance Theatre of Harlem performs Dialogues (Public Domain Image by Martha Swope via Wikipedia)
- Repertoire includes classical, neoclassical and world-premiere ballets.
- 30+ week contract.
- Health benefits.
- National and International touring.
- Pre-registration recommended.
- Bring resume, headshot and full-body dance photo.
- Women must audition on pointe.
- Audition fee: $20.00 in advance online, or $25.00 (cash only) in person.
- Pre-registration is recommended for those who audition in-person only.
November 9th and 10th10:00 am - 6:00 pmNashville Convention CenterWest Exhibit Hall1st and 2nd Floors601 Commerce StreetNashville, Tennessee
November 12th and 13th10:00 am - 6:00 pmRoy Arias Studios and Theaters3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th Floors300 West 43rd StreetNew York, New York
Photo by Alan Light via Wikipedia
- A custom photo shoot in New York City.
- Your Material Girl ad in cool magazines.
- You'll be the face of Material Girl in stores and online.
- A billboard in Times Square
- $5,000 cash and more.
Image by Uri Baruchin via Wikipedia
- You must be 20 years old or older.
- You must look like you're between the ages of 20 and 24
- Bring photo, contact information, and identification to casting call.
- Columbus: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Charlie Bear, 1562 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio
- Baton Rouge: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Mugshots Grill and Bar, 7425 Corporate Boulevard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- New York City: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Chelsea Studios, 151 West 26th Street, 5th Floor, New York City
- Male and Female
- 18 or older.
- To play law enforcement characters.
- Must be physically fit.
- Military, law enforcement, weapons training, martial arts a plus.
- No acting experience necessary.
- Bring photo I.D.
- Seeking non-union talent for this call.
- Bring a replication of your worst dish.
- You must have your nominator come with you.
Public Domain Image via Wikipedia
- Young Caucasian men to play WWI soldiers.
- 18-25 years old.
- Must be ok with getting hair cut and being muddy.
- Union and non-union.
Image via Wikipedia
- Extensive design knowledge
- Personality that pops
- A clear and unique design perspective
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm
Oneida Indians (Public domain image via Wikipedia)
Monday, July 25
10 AM - 7 PM
Turning Stone Resort (Event Center)
5218 Patrick Road
All applicants must be over 18 or be accompanied by a guardian. Bring a 3 x 5 picture of yourself.
Production will begin in the fall in central New York.
Public Domain Image by Library of Congress via Wikipedia
- Please prepare two (2) songs for your open call audition. You may not perform both, but have them ready.
- A cappella ONLY. No background tracks, accompaniment or instruments will be allowed at the open call audition.
- Songs can be by artist and from any genre (pop, rock, R&B, hip-hop, alternative, latin, country, blues, indie)
- Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the audition.
- If you are a minor, one (1) parent or guardian will be allowed with you at the audition.
- If you are disabled or a special needs artist, you will be allowed to bring one (1) person to the auditions to assist you.
- We are judging you on your VOICE. Come dressed in a style that represents you as an artist. Do NOT come in "chicken costumes." We are looking for serious artists ONLY.
Stephen Schwartz (Public Domain Image by Wikipediavia
John Travolta (Image by Wikipedia)via
Image by machu. via Flickr
June 18th & 19th9 am - 6 pmYotel New York570 10th Ave at 42nd St.New York, NY 10036
June 21st9 am - 6 pmEpic Hotel - Miami270 Biscayne Boulevard WayMiami, FL 33131
June 23rd9 am - 6 pmHard Rock - Chicago230 North Michigan AvenueChicago, IL 60601
June 25th & 26th9 am - 6 pmSofitel - Los Angeles8555 Beverly BoulevardLos Angeles, CA 90048
- Close up picture.
- Full body picture.
- 3-5 examples of your latest work.
- Your portfolio showing the breadth and scope of your work.
Manhattan at Night (Image by Wikipedia)via