Recently in Florida Category
"And if you've surrounded yourself with a really good team, when everything clicks and everyone can set their egos aside, it's like magic."
Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
Originally from Kinston, North Carolina he wound up in Miami via Minnesota. In Minneapolis he had his first brush with movies while working as an extra in Drop Dead Gorgeous. That's when he first became interested in film. While still in Minnesota Jackson produced films of both stage plays and screenplays. He also met his wife Karuna Sun when she auditioned for a film he was working on.
From Minneapolis they headed to Miami where Karuna was urged to come for modeling work. Jackson's first job in Florida was playing a Russian thug in Burn Notice. Ready to go anywhere he's looking to come back to North Carolina for some of the productions springing up in the area. Here is a conversation with Jackson about where acting has taken him.
Dance Theatre of Harlem performs Dialogues (Public Domain Image by Martha Swope via Wikipedia)
- Repertoire includes classical, neoclassical and world-premiere ballets.
- 30+ week contract.
- Health benefits.
- National and International touring.
- Pre-registration recommended.
- Bring resume, headshot and full-body dance photo.
- Women must audition on pointe.
- Audition fee: $20.00 in advance online, or $25.00 (cash only) in person.
- Pre-registration is recommended for those who audition in-person only.
Thursday November 17, 2011 ( 5pm-8pm )BURGER & BEER JOINT1766 Bay RoadMiami Beach FL. 33139Producer: Shannon / firstname.lastname@example.org
November 12th & 13th8:00 am - 7:00 pmTampa Bay Convention Center333 South Franklin St.Tampa, Florida
December 10th & 11th8:00 am - 7:00 pmAnaheim Convention Center800 West Katella AvenueAnaheim, California
January 14th & 15th8:00 am - 7:00 pmAustin Convention Center500 East Cesar Chavez StreetAustin, Texas
Saturday, February 4th10:00 am - 10:00 pmSunday, February 5th8:00 am - 7:00 pmCharlotte Convention Center501 South College StreetCharlotte North Carolina
Image © Glenn Francis, www.PacificProDigital.com via Wikipedia
Photo by Alan Light via Wikipedia
- A custom photo shoot in New York City.
- Your Material Girl ad in cool magazines.
- You'll be the face of Material Girl in stores and online.
- A billboard in Times Square
- $5,000 cash and more.
Image by Uri Baruchin via Wikipedia
- You must be 20 years old or older.
- You must look like you're between the ages of 20 and 24
- Bring photo, contact information, and identification to casting call.
- Columbus: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Charlie Bear, 1562 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio
- Baton Rouge: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Mugshots Grill and Bar, 7425 Corporate Boulevard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- New York City: 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Chelsea Studios, 151 West 26th Street, 5th Floor, New York City
Carolyn Wonderland (photo by RR Rodriguez via Picasa CC BY-ND 3.0)
Carolyn Wonderland is currently on tour and will be passing through the southeast next week. If you like barrelhouse rock&roll and gritty Janis Joplin style blues vocals you'll not want to miss her show.
Jennifer Lopez (Public Domain Image via Wikipedia)
- Look like high end wealthy type.
- Tuxedo if you can..
- 100 men, 100 women needed
- Ages 30 - 70
- 12 pretty young women and men for catering staff scenes.
- 12 preferably real musicians for orchestra.
- 8 Fit and strong men to play firemen.
- Bring a replication of your worst dish.
- You must have your nominator come with you.
Image via Wikipedia
- 10 Roles
- Cold reading from script.
Based on the humorist Jean Shepherd's novel "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash," this is a Tribute to the Original, Traditional, One-Hundred-Percent, Red-Blooded, Two-Fisted, All-American Christmas.
Chicago, Illinois10am-6pm Chicago Home Fitness, 2070 North Clybourn AvenueDallas, Texas10am-6pm Gilley's Dallas, 1135 South Lamar StreetOrlando, FL10am-6pm The Groove, Universal City at Universal Orlando Resort, 6000 Universal Blvd.More Inforamtion:
Image via Wikipedia
- Extensive design knowledge
- Personality that pops
- A clear and unique design perspective
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm
Public Domain Image by Library of Congress via Wikipedia
- Please prepare two (2) songs for your open call audition. You may not perform both, but have them ready.
- A cappella ONLY. No background tracks, accompaniment or instruments will be allowed at the open call audition.
- Songs can be by artist and from any genre (pop, rock, R&B, hip-hop, alternative, latin, country, blues, indie)
- Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the audition.
- If you are a minor, one (1) parent or guardian will be allowed with you at the audition.
- If you are disabled or a special needs artist, you will be allowed to bring one (1) person to the auditions to assist you.
- We are judging you on your VOICE. Come dressed in a style that represents you as an artist. Do NOT come in "chicken costumes." We are looking for serious artists ONLY.
Tampa (Public Domain image via Wikipedia)
Wednesday July 27
7:00 - 11:00 AM or 4:30 - 5:30 PM
Grand Hyatt (Audubon Ballroom)
2900 Bayport Drive
All potential contestants must be 18 or older and arrive no earlier than 6 AM.
More information on auditions: