Recently in West Category
Michael Sharpe is a writer, director, and actor from Charlotte, North Carolina who is making a transition to the west coast and L.A. to further his film career.
His last film that he wrote and directed is called Out of One's Misery. A dark tale with a twist, starring Pat Dortch as David, a very troubled man. Michael also has a part as Sanford, a gentleman looking for his wife and family. Mahri Shelton and Kayli Maree Tolleson play the family members.
The part of Sanford was written for another actor but, because he was unavailable, Michael stepped in to play that role and it couldn't have been a better fit. Michael used a soft spoken southern gentleman accent in the movie that, along with his attire, worked to evoke a sense of calm and tranquility that his character Sanford required.
Enjoy Out of One's Misery, then read my conversation with the director below.
"What do you want to do with your life?" Ginny asks in this film directed by Karen Stanton for ShadowCatcher Entertainment in association with the Brain Injury Association of Washington.
A Not So Still Life is a documentary I ran across this week as I was looking up other things. A feature length film about artist Ginny Ruffner. She was known as Ginny Martin back in the days when she was growing up in Atlanta, GA and Fort Mill, SC before leaving home and getting married.
After attending the University of Georgia she ended up in Seattle, Washington and became a ground breaking ceramic artist known worldwide for her ceramic sculptures.
|Ginny Ruffner ( Photo credit: VOA - J. Taboh via wikipedia)|
Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
Saturday, February 11th10:00 am - 10:00 pmSunday, February 12th8:00 am - 7:00 pmBill Graham Civic Auditorium99 Grove StreetSan Francisco, California
Image by cloudchaser32000 via Flickr
- Register your crew.
- Attend one of the open calls or send a video submission.
- Each crew member needs to complete application and release forms.
- Bring a copy of your music to leave with the producers.
- Come dressed in attire that will showcase your routine.
- Be prepared to be at auditions all day. Bring snacks and water.
- Bring resume's, headshots, and DVD of performances if you have them.
Image by Fotograf: Lothar Knopp via Wikipedia
Dance Theatre of Harlem performs Dialogues (Public Domain Image by Martha Swope via Wikipedia)
- Repertoire includes classical, neoclassical and world-premiere ballets.
- 30+ week contract.
- Health benefits.
- National and International touring.
- Pre-registration recommended.
- Bring resume, headshot and full-body dance photo.
- Women must audition on pointe.
- Audition fee: $20.00 in advance online, or $25.00 (cash only) in person.
- Pre-registration is recommended for those who audition in-person only.
Image by Nick Smith via Wikipedia
Friday, December 9, 2011 ( 9pm-10pm )Stingaree454 Sixth AvenueSan Diego, CA 92101Producer: Renee firstname.lastname@example.org
Countdown time till the Kona Surf Film Festival, running this weekend Dec. 2nd and 3rd. It's gonna be a great weekend! We've got Robby Machado cruising out on saturday, "Leave a Message" star Lakey Peterson is hanging out for the girl's surf flick, director Cliff Kapono repping his film FTL, and cinematographer Scott Soens will be around for two films - "Year Zero" and "Come Hell or High Water". We've got "Buffalo" director Tommy Moore cruising, we've got great music by Leche De Tigre and Kimie Miner... And who knows? We've heard rumors of other surf stars and surprise musicians! Gonna be fun so make it out if you can!
Cesar Chavez (Image by Joel Levine via Wikipedia)
Ozzy Lusth - Current Season Contestant (Public Domain Image via Wikipedia)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- If you have applied for previous season you must apply again.
- Bring ID.
- Be prepared to be filmed.
Thursday, December 1, 2011 ( 5pm-9pm )Primo's Uptown3209 McKinney AvenueDallas Texas 75204Producer: Bonnie / email@example.com
Public Domain Image via Wikipedia