Recently in California Category
Samantha Mills recently moved from North Carolina to Los Angeles. In North Carolina she had built up a reputation as a model and actor working mostly in the southeast. The move to L.A. was a career move but not for the reason you might think. It was a better opportunity for her day job. She explained that she would kind of be starting over in Los Angeles with her acting and modeling. I'm sure she will find lot's of opportunity there.|
As a model, Samantha's good looks and svelte frame have helped her get jobs such as photo layouts in magazines, advertisements for companies such as Belk and Pepsi, and placements to sell everything from jewelry and shoes to cars and insurance. In modeling, and to some extent in acting, she considers herself a salesperson. Whether it is selling the product, the concept, or the character she says that's what she's there to do. After thinking about it for a while I understood what she meant. She sold me.
Image Courtesy: Fort Mill Magazine
Michael Sharpe is a writer, director, and actor from Charlotte, North Carolina who is making a transition to the west coast and L.A. to further his film career.
His last film that he wrote and directed is called Out of One's Misery. A dark tale with a twist, starring Pat Dortch as David, a very troubled man. Michael also has a part as Sanford, a gentleman looking for his wife and family. Mahri Shelton and Kayli Maree Tolleson play the family members.
The part of Sanford was written for another actor but, because he was unavailable, Michael stepped in to play that role and it couldn't have been a better fit. Michael used a soft spoken southern gentleman accent in the movie that, along with his attire, worked to evoke a sense of calm and tranquility that his character Sanford required.
Enjoy Out of One's Misery, then read my conversation with the director below.
Kevin Skinner America's Got Talent 2009 in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood Casino (Photo credit: bcbusinesshub via Wikipedia)
Image by Fotograf: Lothar Knopp via Wikipedia
Dance Theatre of Harlem performs Dialogues (Public Domain Image by Martha Swope via Wikipedia)
- Repertoire includes classical, neoclassical and world-premiere ballets.
- 30+ week contract.
- Health benefits.
- National and International touring.
- Pre-registration recommended.
- Bring resume, headshot and full-body dance photo.
- Women must audition on pointe.
- Audition fee: $20.00 in advance online, or $25.00 (cash only) in person.
- Pre-registration is recommended for those who audition in-person only.
Image by Nick Smith via Wikipedia
Friday, December 9, 2011 ( 9pm-10pm )Stingaree454 Sixth AvenueSan Diego, CA 92101Producer: Renee firstname.lastname@example.org
Cesar Chavez (Image by Joel Levine via Wikipedia)
Thursday, December 1, 2011 ( 5pm-9pm )Primo's Uptown3209 McKinney AvenueDallas Texas 75204Producer: Bonnie / email@example.com
Public Domain Image via Wikipedia
November 12th & 13th8:00 am - 7:00 pmTampa Bay Convention Center333 South Franklin St.Tampa, Florida
December 10th & 11th8:00 am - 7:00 pmAnaheim Convention Center800 West Katella AvenueAnaheim, California
January 14th & 15th8:00 am - 7:00 pmAustin Convention Center500 East Cesar Chavez StreetAustin, Texas
Saturday, February 4th10:00 am - 10:00 pmSunday, February 5th8:00 am - 7:00 pmCharlotte Convention Center501 South College StreetCharlotte North Carolina
Image © Glenn Francis, www.PacificProDigital.com via Wikipedia
Photo by Alan Light via Wikipedia
- A custom photo shoot in New York City.
- Your Material Girl ad in cool magazines.
- You'll be the face of Material Girl in stores and online.
- A billboard in Times Square
- $5,000 cash and more.
Image by Mikeyloveswomen via Flickr
- Script Development Conducive to Low/Micro Budgets
- Creating Your Own Film Opportunities as an Actor
- Creating a Comprehensive Business Plan & Pitching Investors
- Dealing with Agents, Unions, Banks & Vendors
- Posting & Delivering Your Film on a Budget
- Distributing Your Film in Today's Rapidly-Evolving Market
- Marketing & Promoting Your Film
Los Angeles, California10am-4pm Citadel Outlets, 100 Citadel DriveMore Info: